Start your day off right with this delicious and nutritious Sweet Potato and Spinach Frittata! Packed with flavour and good-for-you ingredients, this easy-to-make dish is sure to become a family favourite. Enjoy the combination of sweet potatoes, spinach, and eggs cooked to perfection, with a hint of garlic and onion. This frittata is a great way to get a good start on your day, while also providing your body with a healthy dose of vitamins and minerals.
A sweet potato and spinach frittata is a great meal because it is packed with nutrients. Sweet potatoes are a great source of vitamins A and C, as well as fibre and antioxidants. Spinach is also a nutritional powerhouse, containing high amounts of iron, calcium, and vitamins A, C, and K. The eggs in the frittata provide protein, and the onions and garlic add flavour. This meal is a great way to get lots of nutrition in one delicious dish!
-3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
-1 onion, diced
-2 cloves garlic, minced
-2 cups spinach, chopped
-1/4 cup milk
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-inch baking dish.
2. In a large skillet, heat a tablespoon of oil over medium heat. Add the diced sweet potatoes, onion, and garlic. Cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are tender.
3. Add the spinach and cook for an additional 2 minutes until it's wilted.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper.
5. Pour the egg mixture into the skillet and stir to combine.
6. Pour the mixture into the greased baking dish.
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the egg is set.
8. Cut into wedges and enjoy!