Vietnamese Fresh Spring Rolls, locally revered as Goi Cuon, serve as a wholesome and rejuvenating appetiser embodying the essence of Vietnam's culinary traditions. These delicate rolls contain a medley of fresh herbs, succulent shrimp, tender vermicelli, and a variety of crisp ingredients, all enrobed in a translucent rice paper shell.
They stand as a delightful testament to Vietnam's vibrant culinary palette, offering a light yet gratifying bite. Each roll is a journey through the refreshing flavours and textures that are quintessential to Vietnamese fare, promising a wholesome and invigorating start to your meal.
Of course, you don’t have to go all the way to Vietnam to enjoy this glorious dish, you can make the most of it in the comfort of your own home. At Sing Kee, we not only provide you with a shopping list and handy links so you can find what you are looking for, we provide you with a step-by-step to making these Vietnamese fresh spring rolls.
With our help, you’ll dine on Goi Cuon like locals, ensuring you make a marvellous impression on anyone you choose to share the dish with. Of course, it's so tasty, you might find it harder to share than you did to cook!
- 8 rice paper wrappers
- 8 large shrimp, cooked and halved
- 1 handful fresh mint leaves
- 1 handful fresh cilantro
- 50g vermicelli noodles, cooked
- 1/2 cucumber, julienned
- 1 carrot, julienned
With your shopping complete, it’s time to get busy in the kitchen. If you don’t have a lot of experience of cooking Vietnamese dishes, or this is the first time you have tried to prepare this meal, don’t worry. Sing Kee has considerable experience of Asian dishes, including this Vietnamese treat, and we’ll take you from start to end of the process.
- Prepare all ingredients beforehand, ensuring they are well-organised and easily accessible for smooth assembly.
- Quickly dip a rice paper wrapper into warm water, ensuring it softens yet retains its shape.
- Carefully lay the softened wrapper flat on a clean, dry surface, ready for filling.
- Arrange a portion of shrimp, mint, cilantro, vermicelli noodles , cucumber, and carrot neatly on the wrapper, creating a colourful medley.
- Gently fold the sides of the wrapper inward over the fillings, securing them in place.
- Proceed to roll it up tightly, ensuring all contents stay snugly within.
- Repeat the assembly process with the remaining wrappers and ingredients, creating a beautiful array of rolls.
- Serve these fresh Vietnamese rolls immediately, accompanied by a savoury hoisin-peanut dipping sauce or your favourite Vietnamese dipping sauce, enhancing each bite with a burst of flavour.
These recipes embody the essence of Vietnamese cuisine, offering a delightful experience to anyone who tries them. They're simple, authentic, and can be made with ingredients available at Sing Kee. We look forward to hearing how your culinary experience went, and even if you can’t send us some food, please share some photos of your cooking experience with us!